(Charred Eggplant Salad)
- 3 large Eggplant (3 cups Charred)
- ½ cup Olive Oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Green Chilies or 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1½ tsp Salt
- Pierce eggplant several times. Place them over the open flame of a stove top and char the skin on all sides, turning every 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Hold down from the stalks and peel the blackened skin completely. Do not wash the eggplant or you’ll loose the smoky taste.
- Chop the eggplant coarsely and discard the stalks.
- Transfer the chopped eggplant into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mix together to combine.
- Add the onion, tomatoes and green chilies or green bell peppers.
- Stir gently. Refrigerate overnight and serve at room temperature.